Archive for June, 2010
Wider Outcomes: -
- Raise standards of learning
- Increase teacher confidence
- Improve pupil enjoyment and engagement in lessons
- Leave a sustainable impact across the school
What is the Outstanding Teaching Training Intervention?
It is the use of training methods to provide a sustained improvement in teacher performance. Typically, a cohort of 10 teachers is taken through the programme for a duration of between one and two terms.
How: We focus on individual teacher performance through intense input of practical ideas and by ensuring changes in classroom practice are fully implemented.
What is different about this approach?
They will focus only on teacher development and not wider strategic and cultural issues.
The model will work as follows: -
- 10/5 Teachers within each school would be invited to attend the training by the senior management team.
- Meet and agree protocol and Service Level Agreements. A benchmark would then be set for those teachers in terms of their present performance.
- The training intervention strategy programme will run.
Lesson Observations and videoing
- Celebrating and sharing of outcomes
- The new cohort will then begin
The Training Intervention Strategy is made up of 6 modules:-(under review)
- Questioning an the Art of Challenge
- Engaging Learners
- Outstanding by Design
- Outstanding by Ownership
- Outstanding by Feedback
To arrange your Intervention Programme Call 01790 755783
Andy Vass from Independent Thinking is running a series of CPD courses for Osiris Educational called
‘Andy is an absolute inspiration to my staff. If you only spend your CPD budget on one thing this year – make it Andy Vass’
Leadership vs Leadershift
Identify current leadership position and levels of effectiveness
Explore the ‘human element’ of performance
Discover the key principles of a high-performance culture
Examine the importance of professional:
A practical guide to kick-start cultural change
Fundamental factors that make environments ‘thrive’:
• effective learning
• staff engagement
• nurturing talent
• staff support
Outstanding organisations: characteristics and principles
How to amplify current leadership:
Measure and evaluate Leadershift impact
How to consistently manage the change process
Highly effective insights, skills and approaches to change
• Useful facts about leadership impact
• Coaching techniques for leaders
• Common leadership myths
• Giving feedback – courageous conversations
• Motivation techniques
• Cycles of problems vs cycles of solutions
• High-quality learning conversations
• Techniques to drive collaboration
Embark upon cultural change immediately to gain high-performance benefits
Want a Leadershift day for your Leadership team?
Call 01790 755 783