Government approved training
Osiris Educational has been approved by the government as one of the primary providers of synthetic phonics training for teachers and ours customers will be eligible to claim up to £3000 back!
Schools Minister Nick Gibb has recently announced a phonics match funding scheme to help primary schools teach systematic synthetic phonics and drive up reading standards in the UK
Primary schools will be able to claim up to £3,000, if they match that phonics funding, to spend on materials which meet the Department for Education’s criteria for an effective phonics programme.
A catalogue of phonics resources – including approved phonics products for teachers and pupils and training for teachers – will be published by the Department of Education in September. Schools will decide which of the resources will help them to deliver high-quality phonics teaching for their pupils and will be able to buy products and training with the phonics match-funding any time up to March 2013.
The Government is introducing a new phonics-based screening check for six-year-olds so teachers can identify children not at the expected reading level and in need of extra support.
How does phonics match funding work?
It is easy to get your government funding for Osiris phonics products. Eligible schools can spend up to £6000 on phonics training/resources and claim back up to £3000.
- Book a phonics INSET Osiris Educational
- We will notify the funding provider of the details of your order.
- The funding provider will verify that your school has sufficient funding available
- We will invoice your school for the full cost of the training
- Your school will then send a claim form + the INSET invoice to the funding provider
- You will be then reimbursed 50% of the cost of the training!