What is Intervention?
Aim: To raise the standards of teaching in the cohort by one sustainable level. Satisfactory teaching becomes good, Good becomes Outstanding.
Wider Outcomes: -
- Raise standards of learning
- Increase teacher confidence
- Improve pupil enjoyment and engagement in lessons
- Leave a sustainable impact across the school
- Masters Accredited programme
What is the Outstanding Teaching Training Intervention?
It is the use of training methods to provide a sustained improvement in teacher performance. Typically, a cohort of 10 teachers is taken through the programme for duration of between one and two terms.
How: We focus on individual teacher performance through intense input of practical ideas and by ensuring changes in classroom practice are fully implemented.
What is different about this approach?
They will focus only on teacher development and not wider strategic and cultural issues.
The model will work as follows: -
- 10/5 Teachers within each school would be invited to attend the training by the senior management team.
- Meet and agree protocol and Service Level Agreements. A benchmark would then be set for those teachers in terms of their present performance.
- The training intervention strategy programme will run.
Lesson Observations and videoing
- Celebrating and sharing of outcomes
- The new cohort will then begin
The Training Intervention Strategy is made up of 6 modules:-(under review)
1. Questioning an the Art of Challenge
2. Engaging Learners
3. Outstanding by Design
4. Outstanding by Ownership
5. Outstanding by Feedback
To arrange your Intervention Programme Call 01790 755783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.