Question like a Champion
Make questions the most powerful part of your teaching
- A modern-day take on the finest approaches:
- Lemov’s questioning
- Hattie’s classroom discussion
- Bloom’s taxonomy
- Socratic questioning
- Find answers to burning questions such as:
- What are the best questions to ask?
- How many questions should students get right?
- What is the best way to respond to pupils’ answers?
- All the classroom tools you’ll ever need to:
- challenge pupils
- encourage deep thinking
- accelerate progress
- develop student resilience
Information on speakers coming soon.
Teachers have asked questions for centuries. What is new?
Fresh approaches from topical educators including:
Professor John Hattie
Recent focus by Ofsted on seeing questioning done well
Updated National Curriculum with a need for deeper knowledge
Teachers ask up to 300 questions a day. How do I make every one count?
Plan questions that link with lesson objectives
Create a challenging questioning environment
Use questions to promote higher-order thinking
Access a questioning matrix to construct differentiated questions
Routinely assess progress through questioning
Teachers like practical resources. What will I take away?
Coaching strategies using the GROW model
Question prompt sheets using Bloom’s taxonomy
Socratic questioning templates