Online Safety 2019
Vulnerable children in a digital world
Overview of the course
- What are schools’ online safety responsibilities?
- Latest updates and new approaches: the law, Ofsted, DfE
- Improve interventions for vulnerable children
- Develop a coherent and joined-up approach:
- align policies
- monitor and evaluate practice
- structure staff training
- plan a communications strategy
Unfortunately, this course isn’t running at the moment. But, you can still run it in your school! Call 01790 755783 to find out more.
How is online safety changing NOW?
New ideas on how to deliver online safety
How young people experience online safety education
Learn to recognise and deal with high-risk situations
Ways to support vulnerable children and young people
What you need to know
How learners have diverse online safety needs
Three-tier apporach – universal, targeted and intensive
Who are the most vulnerable young people?
What are they experiencing?
What actions can you take?
Online safety as an integral part of safeguarding
Online safety as an integral part of RSE
Online safety as an Equalities issue
Young people’s viewpoint
Engage young people in new ways
Explore why they do what they do
Build learners’ confidence in staff
All Other Subjects
Behaviour & Pastoral, Leadership & Management