Reveal what the new tests look like
2017 vs. 2016: what goes, what stays?
New national curriculum: what is tested and teacher-assessed?
New floor standards: which tests count?
What now that baseline has gone?
Five key steps to embrace the new tests
1. Prepare staff for teaching more challenging content
2. Balance a rigorous but creative curriculum
3. Implement a new system to assess progress regularly
4. Embed a consistent approach to teacher assessment
5. Engage with staff, children and parents to ensure test success
A teaching toolkit to share amongst all staff
Techniques to best prepare all children for the tests:
Ideas for consistent ongoing assessment
Activities to teach engaging content
Strategies for working with the cognitive domain