Lead presenter works with the school for up to three years.
Leaders and teachers are supported during training days to identify what is working best within the school to provide a clear starting point to develop from.
Inset days provide learning focused CPD for all staff and develop a sustainable approach understood by every level, leaders and teachers.
Gradual release programme develops leaders and teachers able to drive their own development over a period of time.
- Start with the evidence identified during initial assessment and leadership days.
- Design of a school implementation framework that allows for tailoring.
- Combination of professional learning driven by school’s priorities.
- Every learning session is to be backed up by an in-school session with impact coaches taking the lead.
Below shows the impact of Visible Learning through each cycle, although the impact would be different for each school, this is a more generic process.
- Base line established, staff engaging with evidence base.
- Impact coaches in place and becoming effective at supporting.
- SLT clear on methodology, purpose and direction of travel.
Year 1 – 12 months
- School has high clarity of strengths and identified areas for improvement.
- Shared school aspiration and clear plans for implementation agreed.
- Shared understanding of what makes an effective learner throughout the school at every level.
- Learners are in the early stages of developing to become effective and understand what this means.
- All staff with clear knowledge on high probability interventions.
- First impact cycle nearing completion.
- Impact Coaches trained and bringing all staff on board effectively.
- SLT beginning whole school impact cycle, implementation team clear on strategic plan and meeting initial key performance indicators.
Year 2 – 24 months
- Teachers engaged in collaborative enquiry following the Visible Learning into Action training days.
- Developing learner capability to help learners identify how to become more effective and improving progress for all.
- Deeper knowledge on research and implementation strategies based on what is working best developed within the school.
- Systems and structures become aligned to focus on learners’ learning and progress.
- One year’s growth for one year’s input becomes visible.
- Evaluation tools show clear evidence of impact from base line.
- Default focus is on learner progression.
- Learners are developing visible signs of assessment capability, clearly able to identify next steps in learning and taking responsibility for their own progress.
- Implementation team hit second level key performance indicators knowing processes and framework are largely in place and happening.
Year 3 – 36 months
- Teachers driving their own development using skills and knowledge developed in year 2 and using collaborative inquiry.
- Instructional leaders with a deep understanding on how to evaluate impact and use evaluation to plan systematic continuous improvement focused on outcomes for learners.
- Learners are able to articulate, where I’m going, how I’m doing and where to next.