The 5 essential questions that will be answered:
1) What are disciplinary thinking and a knowledge-based curriculum?
2) What is the role of low-stakes testing within a curriculum?
3) How do we sequence content and concepts across a 5-year plan?
4) Can we abandon KS3 and 4 and just talk about a 5- or 7- year model?
5) How do we design and build assessment into curriculum planning?
The structure of the training day:
School improvement through curriculum redesign
The disciplinary curriculum
Curriculum planning and teaching for understanding
The teaching and learning cycle
Disciplinary thinking and exam success. How to:
Stay upstream of developments in cognititve science
Plan for longer sequences of learning
Show that what and how you assess is valid and meaningful:
more frequent low-stakes tests
more difficult summative assessments